ANNOUNCEMENT – 6 AUGUST 2014
This page was updated on 2 December 2014 to include the last two paragraphs.
Due to recent health issues, Orangeberry is temporarily not accepting any new bookings. This will enable us to ensure all existing bookings and clients are properly serviced. We apologize for the disruption.
1. During this period, personal and timely responses to emails may not be possible, accordingly all updates will be posted to your author page.
2. All pending reviews will be posted to your author page. If you require a direct link to your author page, please email email@example.com.
3. All current tours are being and will be scheduled as promised. Please check the subject line in your starter kit email for the start date. If you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
4. If you have been promised a free tour or wish to use an existing coupon, please email email@example.com
5. Blog host gifts for previous tours and giveaway prizes are issued every Tuesday. If you have any concerns, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
6. The annual virtual book expo which was originally scheduled to run from August 1 to 31, 2014 has been postponed to June 2 to August 31, 2015. Please continue to check this page for more details. Sponsors and speakers will receive emails with additional details.
7. For any queries on a refund or the terms of service of what you have purchased, please refer to our Purchase Policy which you agreed to upon sign up / purchase of a service at Orangeberry.
Many thanks for your continued support.
– Pandora, Founder, Orangeberry Book Tours
[Updated on 2 December 2014]
Dear Faithful Orangeberry Clients:
In August we notified the loyal Orangeberry community that due to health challenges faced by Orangeberry’s founder, Orangeberry would no longer be accepting new submissions for book tours. While this was a difficult decision for us to make, it was a necessary one if we were to continue to honor our commitment to existing authors and book tours that already had been purchased. As a result of this change we are pleased that we have been able to meet and continue to fulfill the needs and expectations of the community and deliver the product and results our clients have purchased. In short, we are faithfully honoring and meeting our obligations to everyone. On occasion our efforts have taken us longer than we have wanted to, but we are fully satisfying our obligations and we thank those of you who have shown patience for continuing to trust us.
We know that you all are active in the blogosphere and on social media. Recently, you may have received emails or reviewed posts on Twitter and elsewhere posted by @kybunnies aka Suzie Welker disparaging Orangeberry and making unsubstantiated and inflammatory allegations about our website. The person behind these posts formerly worked for our site. She claims that she was not paid for work she performed for Orangeberry and/or reimbursed for expenses. Our records show that she has been paid in full; nevertheless, she continues to claim that she is owed money. Though we believe she has been fully and properly compensated, we have had our attorney reach out to try to resolve the matter, offering her an opportunity to provide proof of what she is owed. Regrettably, we have been unable to obtain her cooperation and rather than work with us to bring the matter to a close, she has taken to contacting our clients directly and posting the comments many of you have received or otherwise read. Orangeberry is exploring all its legal options, but in the meantime, please consider what we have communicated in the preceding paragraph. It is the truth. Thank you for your continued loyalty and support of Orangeberry Book Tours.